USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism implemented by Intrahealth International Inc., in partnership with the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) invites first time applications for the academic year 2016-2017. This announcement is specifically targeting first time Afya Elimu Fund (AEF) applicants (a first time applicant refers to a needy student who has not previously applied for AEF loan and is currently in first year or subsequent years). Afya Elimu Fund targets needy students training in middle level medical colleges (listed on HELB website) such as KMTC, FBOs and other Institutions offering Diplomas and Certificates in medical courses.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should access and fi ll the 2016/2017 First Time Afya Elimu Fund Loan Application Form (LAF) from the HELB website www.helb.co.ke
- Print two copies of the application form
- Ensure the form is properly filled. Sign the form and also have it signed and stamped by the relevant official as requested.
- Submit one copy of the duly completed application form to the Higher Education Loans Board Student Centre located at Anniversary Towers Building, Mezzanine 1 Floor, University Way, Nairobi OR drop it at the HELB Desk in the following Huduma Centres : Nairobi- GPO, Machakos, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisumu, Kakamega, Kisii, Nyeri, Embu, Kitui, Bungoma, Lodwar, Meru, Thika, Trans-Nzoia, Kericho, Nandi, Muranga, Garissa, Narok and Migori
- Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF (Mandatory).
- HELB will use the email and telephone contacts provided on the Loan Application Form for all communication with the applicant.
- The number of students supported and amount of loans awarded will depend on availability of funds.
For a pleasant online experience, please ensure that you read, understand and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process.
The closing date for the loan applications is 31st March, 2017.
For queries please contact: HELB Contact Centre Tel: +254 711 052 000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Facebook and Twitter: @HELBPage